Bitcoin is a consensus network that enables a new payment system and a completely digital money. It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. From a user perspective, Bitcoin is pretty much like cash for the Internet. Bitcoin can also be seen as the most prominent triple entry bookkeeping system in existence.
Articles in this section
- What is Bitcoin?
- Why do people trust Bitcoin?
- Who created Bitcoin?
- Who controls the Bitcoin network?
- How does Bitcoin work?
- Is Bitcoin really used by people?
- What are the advantages of Bitcoin?
- What happens when bitcoins are lost?
- Is Bitcoin anonymous?
- Is Bitcoin fully virtual and immaterial?